Lumbar Surgery at Laser Spine Institute: Am I a Candidate?
Lower back pain, also known as lumbar pain, can seize you at any time and leave you practically incapacitated. The pain in your lower back may wake you up throughout the night so that you always feel exhausted. Lumbar pain also may travel from your lower back to your legs and feet, making it very difficult to stand, sit, bend over, or walk.
If you are tired of the grip of lower back pain, lumbar surgery might be recommended to ease your symptoms. After speaking to your doctor, however, you may have winced when you were told that lumbar surgery could involve spinal fusion - a bone graft that halts motion in the painful area of your spine. Spinal fusion not only limits your mobility and puts stress on the rest of your spine; it’s also an invasive procedure involving a hospital stay, long recovery, hours of general anesthesia, and other risks.
Many people facing lumbar surgery have discovered that they are perfect candidates for the alternative outpatient procedures that are performed at Laser Spine Institute. You may be a candidate for gentle, minimally invasive laser back surgery at LSI if any of the following are true:
- You have experienced back or neck pain for more than six months.
- You have tried nonsurgical treatments like mediations, injections, and exercises for lumbar pain without much success.
- You are concerned about the complications, long recovery time, and risks of open back lumbar surgery.
- Your CT scan or MRI shows that your lumbar pain is caused by a herniated disc, sciatica, nerve impingement, spinal arthritis, or other condition shown to respond well to LSI’s endoscopic surgery.>
- You want to know about all the alternatives available for lumbar pain.>
Many of our patients have said that they were amazed at the transformation they experienced at LSI. Some patients have arrived at LSI, barely able to walk or bend forward, and then an hour after surgery, were able to walk away from the recovery room, free of pain. To learn more about minimally invasive lumbar surgery options that are available at Laser Spine Institute, please contact us today. We will be happy to answer your questions and even provide you with a free CT scan or MRI review.