Lumbar Surgery at Laser Spine Institute: Why Laser Surgery Is the Preferred Treatment for Many Patients
Lumbar pain is something that must be experienced to truly understand the devastating effect it can have on a person’s life. Originating in the lower back and often traveling to the legs, lumbar pain can halt your everyday routine and lifestyle. If it gets bad enough, lumbar pain can make you a prisoner of your bed or couch, barely able to get up and take care of your own basic needs.
Once lower back pain has reached this point - and conservative treatments like medication and exercise have not provided lasting relief - lumbar surgery is the recommended next step. In the past, the only option for lumbar surgery involved open back procedures. Not only do these procedures mean a long incision, hours of general anesthesia, and the risk of infection, but they also can mean a recovery period lasting a year or more.
You may be able to avoid the risks and complications of conventional lumbar surgery by choosing one of the minimally invasive options available at Laser Spine Institute. Our thousands of patients have told us that they prefer minimally invasive laser spine surgery because:
- It is an outpatient procedure
- No hospitalization or general anesthesia are necessary
- It does not involve fusion of the spine
- It is performed in about 60 minutes and can have you on your feet within an hour after the procedure >
- It is very successful at treating lumbar pain as well as other back and neck problems >
- The recuperation time is short and infection rates are significantly lower than hospital infection rates >
- More than 85%of patients say they felt relief within 3 months of lumbar surgery at LSI >
- Some patients experience pain relief immediately, while others say they feel better in as little as two weeks>
Laser-assisted lumbar surgery is the gentlest way to remove the bone and tissue problems that are pressing upon your lower back and causing your pain. If you would like to learn more about minimally invasive lumber surgery at LSI, please contact us to receive answers to all of your questions. We also can provide you with a free MRI or CT scan review.